- Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, ie the Data Subject. Processing is any activity related to personal data, such as obtaining, recording, modifying, using, viewing, erasing or destroying.
- The data controller complies with the data processing principles provided for in the legislation and is able to confirm that personal data is processed in accordance with the applicable legislation.
2. Acquisition, processing and storage of personal data.
- Personally identifiable information is obtained, processed and stored by the Data Controller, mainly through the website of the online store and e-mail.
- The Data Controller is not responsible for damages caused to the Data Subject or third parties, if they are caused by falsely submitted personal data.
3. Processing of personal data of customers.
- The data controller may process the following personal data:
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
- Contact information (email address and/or phone number)
- Transaction data (purchased goods, delivery address, price, payment information, etc.)
- Any other information submitted to us during the purchase of services and goods offered by the website or when communicating with us.
- In addition to the above, the Data Controller has the right to verify the accuracy of the submitted data using publicly available registers.
- The legal basis for personal data processing is Article 6, Clause 1, subparagraph a), b), c) and f) of the General Data Protection Regulation:
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, the contracting party of which is the data subject, or for the performance of measures at the request of the data subject before the conclusion of the contract;
- The processing is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation attributable to the controller;
- Processing is necessary to meet the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, except if the interests of the data subject or the fundamental rights and freedoms that require the protection of personal data are more important than such interests, especially if the data subject is a child.
- The Data Controller stores and processes the Personal Data of the Data Subject as long as at least one of the following criteria is met:
- Personal data are necessary for the purposes for which they were received;
- As long as the Data Manager and/or the Data Subject can realize their legitimate interests, such as submitting objections or bringing or bringing a lawsuit to court, in accordance with the procedures set forth in external regulatory acts;
- As long as there is a legal obligation to store data, such as under the Accounting Act;
- As long as the Data Subject's consent to the relevant personal data processing is valid, if there is no other legal basis for personal data processing.
- Upon termination of the circumstances mentioned in this paragraph, the term of storage of the personal data of the Data Subject also expires and all relevant personal data are permanently deleted from computer systems and electronic and/or paper documents that contained the relevant personal data or these documents are anonymized.
- In order to fulfill its obligations to you, the Data Controller has the right to transfer your personal data to cooperation partners, data processors who carry out the necessary data processing on our behalf, for example, accountants, courier services, etc. Personal data relating to the delivery of goods may be transferred to SIA DPD Latvija or SIA Omniva, for order delivery. The data processor is the controller of personal data.
- Upon request, we can transfer your personal data to state and law enforcement authorities in order to defend our legal interests, if necessary, by drafting, submitting and defending legal claims.
- When processing and storing personal data, the Data Controller implements organizational and technical measures to ensure the protection of personal data against accidental or illegal destruction, alteration, disclosure and any other illegal processing.
- A cookie is a text file that is placed on the website user's computer browser to improve the website's functionality. Saved cookies allow us to recognize your computer. When visiting candleroom.lv again , cookies allow you to avoid re-entering data.
- For session management and user authentication;
- To ensure website functionality;
- To obtain statistical data on the flow of visitors to the page - number of visitors, time spent on the page;
- To improve the efficiency of the website.
- The data controller does not associate the user's IP address and e-mail address with data that allows the identification of this user. This means that each user session will be recorded, but the user of the candleroom.lv website will remain anonymous.
- The website of the data controller may contain third-party cookies, such as Google Analytics. The Google Analytics tool is provided by Google Inc. (a US company) that has access to the statistical data collected by this tool.
- You can delete all cookies that have already been stored on your computer and you can prevent your browser from saving them. But in that case, you have to manually specify the choice every time you visit the website, and some services and website functions may not work.
5. Rights of the data subject.
- In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the legislation of the Republic of Latvia, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data, receive information about their processing, as well as request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transfer this data to another controller (data portability);
- Request correction of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- Delete your personal data ("be forgotten"), except in cases where the law requires data retention;
- Withdraw your previously given consent to the processing of personal data;
- Limit the processing of your data - the right to request that we temporarily stop processing all your personal data;
- Contact the Data State Inspectorate.
You can submit a request for the exercise of your rights by sending the request electronically by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
6. Termination Conditions.